On the IQAir platform, all ground-based stations are attributed to a contributor and data source for data transparency and acknowledgment.
In some cases, the data contributor is listed as anonymous. There are two reasons why contributors are anonymous:
1. The sensor owner has not yet set up a contributor profile or
2. the sensor owner prefers to remain anonymous.
1. The sensor owner has not yet set up a contributor profile.
Most anonymous sensors are low-cost sensors that are owned by non-governmental organizations and individuals that have made their sensors public but have not yet set up a contributor profile on the IQAir platform. By claiming a device on the IQAir platform and establishing a contributor profile, data contributors can:
• provide transparency and be acknowledged
• promote their project/initiative website and social media pages, via external links
While owners of an IQAir AirVisual monitor will have already established an IQAir account to deploy their outdoor station, they will still need to create a public contributor profile if they wish to be credited. Learn how to create and/or update your contributor profile.
PurpleAir sensors have been integrated into the IQAir platform. Owners of a PurpleAir sensor will need to create both an IQAir account and contributor profile to be credited. Learn how to claim a PurpleAir device.
2. The sensor owner prefers to remain anonymous.
Publishing a contributor profile is optional. Sensor owners can still set up an IQAir account to manage their devices and access all the benefits of the IQAir platform while remaining anonymous.